Comprehensive Performance Training
CompPT was built with the goal to enhance performance. Our team aims to provide training opportunities that put you in the best environment to accelerate improvement. We recognize that true performance is not just physical training, but healthy nutrition habits, adequate recovery and proper mindset. By starting with foundational skills and habits in all areas with sound progression strategies, the gateway to greater performance is opened.
Director and Strength & Conditioning Coach – Wes Pomarensky, BA Kin CSEP-CEP, FMS Level II
Wes Pomarensky is CSEP-CEP based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Wes graduated from the University of Winnipeg with his Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology in 2012 and has since taken many courses through world class health and fitness organizations such as FMS, StrongFirst, the Titleist Performance Institute and the Prague School of Rehabilitation.
Wes believes in building a solid foundation of movement and physical literacy on which strength, power and athleticism can be improved. He has worked with various populations ranging from young to senior, acute chronic disease care to high school sports athletes, and believes that everyone has it in them to become the best version of themselves they can be.
In addition to his work in the fitness industry, Wes is an NCCP Learning Facilitator for Sport Manitoba, delivering education to coaches in multiple sports across the province. He has also worked for a number of years as a coach for Baseball Manitoba as part of their 15U, 16U and 17U high performance programs. In his spare time, he is an avid reader and can often be found on the tennis courts or the golf course.
- CSEP-CEP – June 2013
- Health and Stroke Foundation CPR BLS for HCP (C), recertified January 2019
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency First Aid, recertifed January 2020
- FMS Level II – May 2015 in Regina, SK
- NCCP Competition Development (Level 3) Certified Baseball Coach
- StrongFirst Bodyweight Instructor SFB, February 2018
- StrongFirst Barbell Instructor SFL, July 2019
- GLA:D Canada Certified, June 2019
- Titleist Performance Institute Level 1 Certified, September 2020